Cracow with its legends, anecdotes and historical treasures (and the Wawel Dragon) ia a great fun for children. If it wasn’t enough, city offers:
- numbers of tourists and entertainment attractions dedicated to the youngest
- lots of eating places suitable for children and their parents needs
- rich offer of cultural institutions (cinemas, theatres, museums) with programmes dedicated to children
- community centres and private companies organizing events for children
There are some websites with tips where to take children for a meal or simply spend free time.
Kids in Kraków
Cracow Festival Bureau together with Karnet cultural magazine run project Kids in Kraków. It aims to create data base of cultural events for the youngest and their parents.
www.karnet.krakow.pl/aktualnosci/kids-in-krakow/16 (Polish version)
There is also a list of places frindly to children:
www.karnet.krakow.pl/obiekty/przyjazne-dzieciom (Polish version)
www.en.karnet.krakow.pl/obiekty/przyjazne-dzieciom (English version)
The source of information concerning municipal cultural offer for children is not only this website, but also information points InfoKraków with special space for plays and information leaflets (points at 11 Powiśle St and 2 Wszystkich Świętych Sq.).
Trasa dla bobasa
“Trasa dla bobasa" (www.trasadlabobasa.pl) website offers:
- walking tracks and cycling routes
- children-friendly eating places
- cultural-entertainment places (historical treasures, clubs, parks)
- map of interesting places in the area of Kazimierz and Podgórze
The website is published in Polish only, but all the places are marked with special symbol informing if the particular place is indoor or outdoor, if it’s equipped with changing table, playground etc.
Lesser Poland is running an action during which places open for families with children are rewarded, and put on special list. Such places may be found on Miejsca przyjzane maluchom website: www.miejsceprzyjaznemaluchom.com.pl/miejsca-przyjazne-maluchom#. The list is divided into categories such as:
- eating places
- cultural institutions (museums, theatres and cinemas)
- medical service points
- private companies (book stores, language schools, department stores)
Points rewarded with the title “children-friendly” are marked with logo of the action (baby in cart on blue background). Portal is in Polish only.
Children in Cracow won’t be bored!